The Starplex forum

Star Trek - The Video Game

Star Trek - The Video Game

Postby Deathlok » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:36 am

Well, I eagerly went out and bought my DVD copy of ST:TVG from Game yesterday afternoon.

I thought it would be nice to own a Star Trek game that ran on my Windows 7 PC without having to use virtual images or DosBox.

My initial reaction is that of, it`s okay. But I am honestly disappointed with the quality of the graphics, even though I have the settings to high. Full screen mode across my three monitor set-up looked ridiculously disproportionate and I had to resort to windowed mode to correct it.

All voices are provided by the cast, which is a good plus. However, the lip synchronisation is absolutely appalling and belongs in a game from ten years ago or more.

Game play is not anything spectacular, I do not yet feel as if I am inside the Star Trek Universe. But it is early days and perhaps that will change.

The one thing which is extraordinarily poor is the fact that according to reports, Co-op play, which is one of the top points that this game has been marketed on, does not work for any PC version owners. But to be fair, as this game only came out yesterday and the next day there is a 2.5Gb patch from Steam for it. It is (almost) forgiveable, almost.

Anyway, my download is completed. Time to give it another go.

Live long and prosper! :)
It ain't the years honey, it's the mileage.
Deathlok
Doomsday Machine

Re: Star Trek - The Video Game

Postby Deathlok » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:38 am

Comment from Paramount on the Co-op issue

A more in depth review
It ain't the years honey, it's the mileage.
Deathlok
Doomsday Machine

Re: Star Trek - The Video Game

Postby luckyno12 » Tue May 28, 2013 12:56 pm

No Trek game has come close to "A Final Unity" as far as I'm concerned. Best Trek game, ever!

Star Trek online was a massive disappointment. I'm in no hurry to get this one, either.
luckyno12
Lieutenant (junior grade)

Return to PC