The Starplex forum

Hitman Absolution

Hitman Absolution

Postby Deathlok » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:25 pm

I had the very first Hitman game on PC when it came out wayyyyyy back in 2000 if I recall correctly.

Can't remember much about the game graphically speaking. Although I believe that it was fairly good looking. One thing that I do remember as a stand out item was the rag-doll physics where the bodies were concerned. That was neat.

The main thing was the style of game play, you decided whether to play stealthily or to go at it all guns blazing. Most of the time the latter meant you just died of course!

But anyway, the latest game, Absolution...

Graphically it is a joy to behold, although to put that into perspective I do have a good graphics card now, Radeon HD 7970. I have tried this on a lower specification PC, and it still looks nice.
Game play is good and just as enjoyable as I remember the first one being. There is a good storyline through out and the cut scenes are damned good.

I like the idea of being able to play user submitted contracts. That will give the game a nice degree of longevity.

Just finished playing it through on the normal setting. I shall probably give it another go on one of the professional settings.
It ain't the years honey, it's the mileage.
Deathlok
Doomsday Machine

Return to PC