The Starplex forum

Another Star Trek book

We still have them you know

Another Star Trek book

Postby Deathlok » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:36 pm

Or is it?

When I was a lad and had recently seen Star Trek The Motion Picture in the cinema, I found out that a newspaper had started to print a Star Trek serial. You know, like Charlie Brown. I'm not sure but I think it was the Daily Mail.

It ran from early 1980 onwards, I can't remember when it stopped. I did collect them for a while, sticking them onto a huge piece of plain paper in the order they were published and displaying it proudly on my bedroom wall, with all my other Star Trek stuff (much to the dismay of my Mother I imagine).
Unfortunately, due to the passage of time they have been lost.

So imagine my surprise and delight when I found out that these newspaper comic strips had been collected and were to be published in a hardcover book titled "Star Trek the newspaper comics volume 1"

It is a bit pricey, but if you do what I did and order it from the US version of Amazon you can get it for a very reasonable price. Also as it is a book there is no VAT to worry about.

I am about half way through it and enjoying it immensely. In some ways I feel like that fresh faced 15 year old, naive kid again!

Here is the cover

StarTrek_NewspaperStrips_Vol1.jpeg
Book cover image
It ain't the years honey, it's the mileage.
Deathlok
Doomsday Machine

Return to Books